Cardarine (GW501516) – 10mg/60 Capsules
- Improve Blood Cholesterol – Showed a significant reduction in LDL, triglycerides, and APOB (E.J. Olson, et al., 2012)
- Enhanced Fat Burning – Boosted the use of fat as an energy source (D.L. Sprecher, et al. 2007)
- Escalated Endurance – Subject displayed and improved running performance (Y. Wang, et al., 2004)
What is Cardarine?
Cardarine, GW-501516 or Endurobol is a drug that was discovered at the turn of the 90s by a joint-venture of pharmaceutical companies GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) and Ligand Pharmaceuticals. The intention was to prevent the growth of tumours in the colon, prostate and breasts in female patients. During the trial the researchers discovered that the substance had an effect on the trial subject’s lipid levels. Upon initial release, the companies marketed it as a solution for LDL’s and bad cholesterol. Cardarine belongs to the PPARδ (Peroxisome Proliferator-Activator Receptor-delta) agonist family which activates the PPAR-delta pathway at certain receptors located throughout the body. The medicine gained popularity for athletes for its known performance-boosting properties. Ultimately, for conditions ranging from diabetes to obesity, Cardarine is a viable solution.
However, the founders of Cardarine eventually discontinued it’s production. Nevertheless, independent research on the chemical continued and the ingredient is widespread in numerous performance products. Individual studies have analysed the effects of Cardarine on metabolism, inflammation and treatment of obesity. Popularity of Cardarine exploded within the bodybuilding world due to its favourable properties. Furthermore, during the 2008 Beijing Olympics, rumours spread about athletes using the chemical for its performance enhancing benefits.
Benefits of Cardarine
Due to its performance enhancing benefits, Gw-501516 has become a go-to chemical for athletes. It’s effect in the body has allowed bodybuilders and athletes to achieve new levels in their training. Some of the defining benefits of this chemical are as follows:
- Obesity/Fat Loss. Cardarine activates the PPAR-delta pathway leading to lipolysis. The remedy activates pathways; effectively signalling to the body to utilise the stored fat rather than remove from the muscle for energy (catabolism). The change reflects in the metabolic system which increases fat-burning production and activates burning of fat currently stored in the cells. The activation of the metabolic properties equally speeds up the supply of energy which boosts performance. The effects manifest themselves immediately.
- Improves Endurance. Cardarine increases the capacity of the cardiovascular system and allows for extensive training in the gym without overwhelming. The remedy is popular among endurance athletes who claim they’re able to breathe easier as a result of the medicine. Air-flow benefits include lighter air absorption which improved blood circulation. Improved breathing helps athletes such as sprinters and long-distance cyclists who compete in sports with mandatory breathing management. GW-501516 is also popular with bodybuilders who wish to maximise their performance.
- Decreased Muscle Loss. As Endurobol encourages the body to use fat for energy, muscle breakdown is reduces considerably. Therefore, it is often used for cutting when athletes are on a caloric deficit.
- Reduces Inflammation. GW-501516 carries unseen therapeutic benefits in addition to performance. Athletes can recover faster while using Cardarine due to is anti-inflammatory effects.
- Lowers Cholesterol. Initially developed as a solution to lower cholesterol, GW-501516 properties allow it to reduce LDL levels while multiplying levels of HDL. Bodybuilders are affected by steroid’s impact on lipid levels and GW-501516 serves as a gentle solution.
Results of Cardarine in Trials
Primarily, trials for Endurobol have revolved around it’s ability to treat issues such as dyslipidaemia, obesity and diabetes. Overall, studies involving GW-501516 have resulted in subjects considerably improving endurance, reducing body fat and lessening cholesterol. A summary of the studies conducted with Cardarine are as follows:
- GW-501516 regulated the expression of genes involved in lipid catabolism and energy uncoupling in skeletal muscle cells. Consequently, the study summaries the significance of PPARβ/δ agonists and their ability to increase fatty acid catabolism, cholesterol efflux, and energy expenditure in muscle (Dressel et al., 2003).
- Use of Cardarine successfully reduced plasma triglycerides, fatty acid, apoB-100, and apoB-48 concentrations. Results supported the potential use of Gw-501516 in the treatment of dyslipidemia in obesity (Em et al., 2011).
- Subjects taking Endurobol showed nearly a 20% reduction in LDL cholesterol (Olson et al., 2012).
- Cardarine use promoted fatty acid oxidation without any effect on glucose utilisation or insulin sensitivity in muscle cells (Dimopoulos et al., 2007).
- Diabetic wound healing improved with supplementation of GW-501516 through redox modulation of the wound microenvironment (Wang et al., 2015).
- Observed increase fatty acid oxidisation and improved HDL cholesterol in subjects administered with Endurabol. As subjects were hospitalised and sedentary, effects were attributed to Endurobol’s ability to use fat as an energy source (Sprecher et al., 2006).
Dosages Of Cardarine
Recommended dosage limits at the initiation of the cycle are 10/mg per day, for the first few weeks. However, once the body acclimates, the dosage can be doubled to 20mg/day. For athletes with high requirements, an increase up to 30mg/day is viable. The original manufacturers recommended a dosage of 20mg/day as the ideal compromise. Additionally, the maximum duration cycle should end at 8 weeks. Anecdotal reports and clinical trials show results manifest themselves within as little as 5 weeks. Stacking other substances with Endurobol can help to enhance its benefits. Usually, a combination of Ibutamoren and a strong SARM such as Ligandrol or Andarine is ideal.
How Does Cardarine Work?
Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor Delta (PPARδ) is a type of transcription factor which is ligand-activated. This nuclear receptor plays a role in a number of biological processes within the body. One of the main areas of study of this receptor is it’s effect on obesity and diabetes. Once activated, PPARδ up-regulates other proteins involved in energy expenditure. Activities such as exercise increases the expression of PPARδ therefore positively affecting metabolism and cardiac functioning. GW-501516 structure makes it a agonist for this receptor. Upon binding, PPARδ is activated consequently affecting metabolism and energy expenditure in mammals.
References to clinical trials and human use are for general information and to provide an overview of this chemical. Do not replicate under any circumstances.