Ligandrol (LGD4033) – 10mg/60 Capsules
- Increase Muscle Mass – Showed significant lean muscle mass increase (Basaria, et al., 2013)
- Higher Anabolic Response – Improved ligand efficiency with specific targeting (Handlon, et al., 2015)
- Minimal Side effects – As a result of its selectivity, LGD-4033 showed no side effects in subjects (Basaria, et al., 2013)
What is Ligandrol?
Ligandrol, LGD-4033 or Anabolicum is an experimental Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM). Ligand Pharmaceuticals developed the chemical with the intention to combat conditions such as osteoperosis and muscle atrophy. LGD-4033 is well-renown for its muscle building properties. It’s affinity to the androgen receptor has made lean mass gain easier than ever before. Comparing to anabolic steroids such as Winstrol and Dianabol, the side effect profile is virtually non-existent.
Benefits of Ligandrol
Ligandrol’s anabolic-to-androgenic ratio gives it many of the desirable effects of testosterone without the unwanted androgenic effects. Athletes such as bodybuilders and competitive weightlifters have benefited from the various positive effects LGD-4033 induces. Common use of Anabolicum is during the “bulking phase” of the bodybuilding cycle. This is due to the Ligandrol’s impressive ability to put on and keep lean mass and muscle. Here are some of the most profound and varied effects of Ligandrol:
- LGD-4033 can quickly increase cardiovascular strength and lifting strength, which is excellent for performing at a much higher capacity at the gym and setting new personal records.
- Ligandrol can aid in fat loss while maintaining muscle tissue. This is due to the added muscle and lean mass which improves metabolism.
- Anabolicum can increase bone density. As a result, risk of fractures and bone-related injuries decrease.
Adverse effects are minimal during Ligandrol supplementation making it a safer option to common steroids.
Results of Ligandrol in Trials
Upon it’s initial development, Ligandrol was designed to treat the symptoms of cancer which affect the quality of life. Cancer significantly induces muscle loss, osteoporosis and cachexia. These conditions make day-to-day activities difficult to carry out. Researchers are still conducting heavy research on LGD-4033 but the early results have been very promising. A summary of the trials up to now are as follows:
- A 21 day trial involving healthy young men took place to evaluate the safety, pharmacokinetics, and effects of LGD-4033. Overall, Ligandrol was well tolerated with no serious drug related adverse effects observed. Triglycerides & HDL cholesterol reduced in all subjects. Subjects experienced an considerable increase in Lean Body Mass (Basaria et al., 2013).
The most significant result from this trial was the ability of LGD-4033 to increase muscle mass in a relatively short amount of time. Subjects experienced muscle gain within 21 days. With LGD-4033 being so popular in the fitness community, there are vast numbers of anecdotal reports which support findings from the clinical trials.
Dosages of Ligandrol
The dosage of Ligandrol depends on what goals are, prior experience, and body type. If you are utilising LGD-4033 alone, with nothing else stacked, a dose of between 5 mg and 10 mg each day is ideal. Ligandrol has a relatively long half-life which can last between 24-36 hours. First time users of LGD-4033 should consider doing a first cycle of 10 mg for 3 weeks and see how their body responds. An eight week complete cycle is best for results.
Many people also choose to use Ligandrol as a part of a stack. Combining with Cardarine (GW501516) gives a great stack option for cutting. This cycle should last between 6 and 8 weeks, and you should take 10 mg of Ligandrol and 20 mg of Cardarine. This, of course, needs to be accompanied by a diet that has a calorie deficit and a workout regiment. For bulking, Ligandrol is best when combined with Ibutamoren (MK677).
How Does Ligandrol Work?
Essentially, how Ligandrol works, is it binds to specific androgen receptors in the bones and muscles. It then prevents muscle from deteriorating and can expedite muscle growth. Because it is selective, it avoids binding to receptors that could cause extensive side effects that are associated with other steroids and testosterone. When compared to Ostarine, another SARM, Ligandrol exerts a higher anabolic-to-androgenic ratio.
For those who are using Ligandrol and looking to see results, it usually takes about until week three of the first cycle to start to notice and strength increases and gains. Of course, for optimal results, it is necessary to keep a protein-packed and balanced diet, to stay hydrated, and to abide by a disciplined fitness regimen. Under ideal conditions, Ligandrol can be an incredible way to boost your gains as well as your endurance. It can help you pack on muscle much quicker than usual, and improve your training cycle significantly.
References to clinical trials and human use are for general information and to provide an overview of this chemical. Do not replicate under any circumstances.